We’re looking for a Head Baker/Pastry Chef on the Sunshine Coast, BC! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a food startup aka Deadly Donuts, backed by proven entrepreneurial experience. If you don’t live on the Sunshine Coast, BC we're willing to offer relocation assistance. We're offering a competitive wage, employer-paid health benefits, and flexible work hours.
- Understanding of baking and cooking is essential.
- Experience with standard kitchen and bakery equipment.
- This is and active in the kitchen position along with managerial tasks.
- Minimum 1+ year cooking in a restaurant, cafe, and bakery setting.
- Minimum 1+ year leading a small team preferred.
- Must LOVE donuts and other progressive baked goods.
You will act as the Head Baker and run day-to-day operations including hiring and training staff as required. You will open and run production, service and meet the demand for the product. The primary focus is donuts, pastries, and other baked goods but may include other food items such as sandwiches etc.
You will organize all production and inventory, food orders, scheduling staff, bakers and dishwashers, etc.
As the team grows and all is running smooth, your day-to-day roll will include the tasks but not limited to, listed below. If you have passion for cooking and running a well-oiled machine this challenge is for you.
- Irregular shifts; evenings and weekends - No late nights but early mornings.
- Consistently ensure every team member, guest receives the best product by overseeing food quality, ordering, receiving, storage, and production.
- Manages team of 1-3 employees: hires, schedules, approves vacation, provides feedback and motivation, trains on products, ingredients and processes, and handles terminations, Developing talent and encouraging through coaching.
- Orders and monitors inventory of all ingredients and products for the kitchen including tracking and documenting daily transfers and waste in the appropriate system.
- Outstanding time management stills.
- Strong communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of baked products, classic pastry techniques and fundamental cooking concepts.
- Understanding and always wanting to exceed customer expectations.
- Quick thinker and problem solver.
- High level of cleanliness, maintains a clean and sanitary food production area according to food safe/coastal health
- Stick to food budgets and labor goals
- Knowledge of current trends and regional trends
- Passion for donuts and pastries is a bonus
If you're interested in this unique opportunity, please send your Resume AND Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org