We’re looking for a Head Baker for our new venture and we’re dangling the opportunity for EQUITY in this business which means you’d be a part owner! This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a hospitality startup, backed by proven entrepreneurial experience. If you don’t live on the Sunshine Coast, BC we’d be willing to offer relocation assistance.
- Understanding of baking and cooking is essential.
- Staff management and teaching is essential.
- Experience with standard kitchen and bakery equipment.
- This is and active in the kitchen position along with managerial tasks.
- Minimum 1+ year cooking in a restaurant / bakery setting.
- Minimum 1+ year leading a small team.
- Must LOVE donuts.
You will assist with team selection and training and you will lead the venture as Head Baker and run day-to-day operations. You will open and run production, service and meet the demand for the product.
Organize all production and inventory, food orders, scheduling chefs, bakers and dishwashers.
As the team grows and all is running smooth, your day-to-day roll will include the tasks but not limited to, listed below. If you have passion for cooking and running a well-oiled machine this challenge is for you.
- Irregular shifts; evenings and weekends- No late nights but early mornings.
- Consistently ensure every team member, guest receives the best product by overseeing food quality, ordering, receiving, storage, and production, line checks.
- Manages team of 2-3 employees: hires, schedules, approves vacation, provides feedback and motivation, trains on products, ingredients and processes, and handles terminations, Developing talent and encouraging through coaching
- Orders and monitors inventory of all ingredients and products for the kitchen including tracking and documenting daily transfers and waste in the appropriate system
- Outstanding time management stills
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Email, and other business productivity software
- In-depth understanding of baked products, classic pastry technics and fundamental cooking concepts.
- Understanding and always wanting to exceed customer expectations
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- High level of cleanliness, Maintains a clean and sanitary food production area according to Department of Health standards
- Stick to food budgets and labor goals
- Knowledge of current trends and regional trends
If you're interested in this unique opportunity, please send your Resume AND Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org