Beachcomber Coffee has implemented a series of procedures and protocols over the past couple of months and we wanted to publish our COVID-19 Safety Plan. We are taking this pandemic seriously and are doing everything in our power to provide a safe work environment for our staff and customers with a ‘better safe than sorry’ approach. Beachcomber is going above and beyond what’s required from WorksafeBC, Health Canada, and Vancouver Coastal Health. We’ve organized our COVID-19 Safety Plan into 2 categories:
- All staff must agree to stay home if they have:
- Traveled outside of BC in the past 14 days.
- Came in contact with a person or area known to have an outbreak of COVID-19.
- Have a fever or show symptoms of COVID-19.
- All Staff have be trained on our COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- All staff members must wash their hands every 30-minutes, after leaving service areas, handling cash, after routine cleaning, and before and after their shift.
- Masks and gloves are available to any staff member that would feel safer using them.
- All deliveries are tracked for date, time, supplier, and staff member who accepted the delivery.
- We have staggered the start times, and break times of staff to limit staff crowding.
- Staff will as always have no contact with the rim of of coffee cups.
- Areas of high traffic such as work surfaces, light switches, door handles, fridge handles, POS screens and card machines must be sanitized hourly, twice hourly when busy.
- The capacity of behind the coffee bar has been reduced to 2-staff maximum.
Customer & Shop Protocols:
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all customers at front counter.
- Staff reserve the right to respectfully refuse service to guests deemed to be showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Customers will be encouraged to use contactless payment methods where possible.
- We are limiting 1-customer in the shop at a time (2-max if you're part of the same group/family), to limit contact points and to maintain social distancing.
- We are not opening up indoor and outdoor seating until further notice.
- We will be using digital menu boards and disposable menus rather than traditional menus.
- The condiment station has been moved behind the coffee bar and your barista will add the appropriate milk and sugar to your order.
- We are not accepting reusable or personal cups.
- Our washroom is closed to the public.
- We ask that when you lineup outside, please maintain 6' of distance between you and the next customer.
We appreciate your support during these challenging times - we know that some of the new protocols aren’t ideal, however, we take the safety of our staff and customers seriously. While technically we are allowed to provide modified indoor seating, we will wait a couple more weeks before deciding on how best to approach this.
Thanks again and much love from the Beachcomber team.