Beachcomber Coffee has implemented a series of procedures and protocols over the past couple of months and we wanted to publish our COVID-19 Safety Plan (revised as of November 19, 2020). We are taking this pandemic seriously and are doing everything in our power to provide a safe work environment for our staff and customers with a ‘better safe than sorry’ approach. Beachcomber is going above and beyond what’s required from WorksafeBC, Health Canada, and Vancouver Coastal Health. We’ve organized our COVID-19 Safety Plan into 2 categories:
- All Staff have be trained on our COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- All staff must agree to stay home if they have:
- Traveled outside of BC in the past 14 days.
- Came in contact with a person or area known to have an outbreak of COVID-19.
- Have a fever or show symptoms of COVID-19.
- All Staff must perform a self assessment for COVID-19 symptoms before their shift and not come into work if showing signs of symptoms.
- All staff members must wash their hands after leaving service areas, handling cash, after routine cleaning, and before and after their shift.
- Masks are mandatory.
- Gloves must be used at all times when handling food items.
- All deliveries are tracked for date, time, supplier, and staff member who accepted the delivery.
- We have staggered the start times, and break times of staff to limit staff crowding.
- Staff will as always have no contact with the rim of of coffee cups.
- Areas of high traffic such as work surfaces, light switches, door handles, fridge handles, POS screens and card machines must be sanitized frequently or when touched by a customer.
- We have one indoor table (seating for 4) open.
- Tables must be cleaned an sanitized immediately after a customer leaves and before a new customer occupies the table.
- The bathroom for customers is closed, staff use is ok but must be sanitized after every use.
- The capacity of behind the coffee bar has been reduced to 2-staff maximum during the week, and 3-staff maximum on weekends.
Customer & Shop Protocols:
- Masks are mandatory for all customers.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all customers at our entrances via a touchless dispenser.
- Staff reserve the right to respectfully refuse service to guests deemed to be showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Customers will be encouraged to use contactless payment methods where possible.
- We are limiting 1 group in the shop at a time (must be of the same household) unless customers are already at our socially distanced seating. This is to limit contact points and to maintain social distancing.
- We will be using disposable, ToGo products instead of ceramic and other dishware.
- The condiment station has been moved behind the coffee bar and staff will add the appropriate milk and sugar to your order.
- We are not accepting reusable or personal cups.
- We ask that when you lineup outside, please maintain 6' of distance between you and the next customer utilizing the social distancing markers on the sidewalk.
We appreciate your support during these challenging times - we know that some of the new protocols aren’t ideal, however, we take the safety of our staff and customers seriously.
Thanks again and much love from the Beachcomber team.