While we're not perfect, we are making strides on an ongoing basis to improve our on the waste our shop produces and our impact to the environment. There are many things we've implemented since day one to minimize our impact:
- Our to-go cups (12oz and 16oz) are double-wall insulated, meaning no sleeves are required which means less waste.
- We've moved to metal spoons at our condiment station to reduce waste even further and have eliminated stir-sticks.
- We were the first shop in Gibsons Landing to offer a 'bring your own cup' program and save 25-cents off your drink and we're glad to see other shops follow suit.
- We were the first shop in Gibsons Landing to offer compostable paper straws by default (we've never had plastic straws) and we're glad to see other shops follow suit.
- We launched a LOCALS to-go cup, offering 10% off every single time its used with the goal of reducing our paper to-go cup usage.
- We have a recycling program within our shop and recycle as much as possible every other day.
We have a few more things planned in the near future but there is a lot more we can do when it comes to 'going green'. Our commitment as a coffee company is to reduce our impact as much as possible as our business evolves.